Senior Software Engineer (Python)
Our engineering team at POSRocket is on the lookout for a Software Engineer to join this dynamic team. Building the backbone that powers our platform with our existing team is a joy. We're looking for passionate people who are looking for the next big challenge.
- Develop backend systems and APIs that power the POSRocket systems.
- Use your expert knowledge to bring fresh new ideas to the table.
- Analyze feature requests and then plan & implement them in a test-driven way.
- Create and review pull requests in order to achieve the best possible solution.
- Exchange ideas and share your knowledge with the rest of the team and participate in pair programming.
- 4+ years of industry experience.
- Proven experience in Python or NodeJS (preferably Python).
- Familiarity with one of the following Django, FastAPI, Flask, or any dynamic frameworks.
- Familiarity with microservices architecture is a plus
- Working knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Object-oriented design principles and design patterns.
- Solid foundation in software engineering process & best practices (unit testing, build automation, continuous integration, Git).
- Hands-on software development capabilities with medium or large projects.
- Passionate about computer science, developing software, and web applications.
- Enjoys technical challenges and is capable of proposing and evaluating a solution against requirements, demonstrates a strong customer focus.
- Committed to the highest levels of quality, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Good written and verbal communication skills - Spoken and written English proficiency.